Search

Chiweenie

Chiweenie for sale ads.

L
  • Lynxalot
· We are rehoming the one puppy from Last litter... Wichita, Kansas - KS 67211 · Price: $300
Replies
Views
Lynxalot
L
C
  • Crystal52
· 6 weeks old adorable chiweenie puppies, 3... Hemet, California - CA 92545 · Price: $150
Replies
Views
Crystal52
C
B
  • blessedjaay
· Rehoming Chiweenie puppies. If you would like... Rodeo, California - CA 94572 · Price: $375
Replies
Views
Alexandriaclark
A
L
  • Lexi Howard
· Great dog has an attitude playful likes to... Hoover, Alabama - AL 35216 · Price: $250
Replies
Views
Lexi Howard
L
K
  • Kpotter23
· I have 3 male chiweenies that have already had... Warrensburg, Missouri - MO 64093 · Price: $400
Replies
Views
Kpotter23
K
Pupsrus
  • Pupsrus
· I have a litter of chiweenie shorkie mix that... Manhattan, Kansas - KS 66503 · Price: 300
Replies
Views
Pupsrus
Pupsrus
lillyann
  • lillyann
· I have both male and female Chiweenie puppies... El Dorado, Arkansas - AR 71730 · Price: 250.00
Replies
Views
lillyann
lillyann
B
  • b8krg45m
· Chiweenie, born 1-15-21, our son is allergic... Trinity, North Carolina - NC 27370 · Price: 250
Replies
Views
b8krg45m
B
K
  • Kaitlingomez_
· I'm looking to re-home my 8 week old female... Duvall, Washington - WA 98019 · Price: 600
Replies
Views
Kaitlingomez_
K
M
  • Mayalove
· 2 girls 3 boys 1 black boy 2 white-tan boy and... Wahiawa, Hawaii - HI 96786 · Price: 250
Replies
Views
Mayalove
M
A
  • Andrea Whitehead
· I have four adorable Male Chiweenie puppies... Picayun, Mississippi - MS 39466 · Price: 150.00
Replies
Views
Andrea Whitehead
A
Younghomie11
  • Younghomie11
· I can't take care of all of them. I need to... Casa Grande, Arizona - AZ 85122 · Price: Free, $20 OBO
Replies
Views
TwinLoveBugs09
T
J
  • joy.brown77
· Hello, I have 4 lovable potty trained... Graham, Washington - WA 98338 · Price: $400
Replies
Views
Admin
Admin
R
  • Rose123
· 3 Sweet little girls need adopting! Available... San Diego, California - CA
Replies
Views
Bryn
B
L
  • Laquita
· He had all his shots already. I just can no... Warren, Michigan - MI 48091 · Price: $300
Replies
Views
Laquita
L
C
  • Chiweenie
· 3 females, 1 male. All have first shots and... Canton, Ohio - OH · Price: $300
Replies
Views
Kaiseroll22
K
Brittnee614
  • Brittnee614
· Sweet, loving, and playful female chiweenie... Columbus, Ohio - OH · Price: $200
Replies
Views
Kaiseroll22
K
Charmayne
  • Charmayne
· 3 chiweinnies 2 female and one male will be... Indiana, Pennsylvania - PA
Replies
Views
balmeida
B
S
  • Sumsum1986
· I have a 9 month old blonde chaweenie boy ... Tulsa, Oklahoma - OK
Replies
Views
Sumsum1986
S
C
  • CL Horse Connection
· I am rehoming these babies for an elderly lady... Bemidji, Minnesota - MN · Price: 300
Replies
Views
CL Horse Connection
C

Chiweenies for Sale & Adoption

The Chiweenie is a mixed breed. It's the result of breeding a Chihuahua and a Dachshund. It's relatively new, being developed in the 1990s in America. Many people enjoy this breed of dog for its smaller size and devoted personality. They're somewhat easy to train, but can be little barkers. They can even nip at people, so if you approach one of these dogs and it doesn't know you, be careful. They're also well suited for small homes and apartments. Just be sure to consult your neighbors first or you may get complaints due to the vocal nature of this dog.

Continue reading to learn more about Chiweenies, an adorable mix between the Chihuahua and Dachshund (Doxie).

Popularity: Somewhat popular.

Trainability: The Chiweenie isn't the easiest puppy in the world to train. They can be stubborn and actually quite the challenge to teach new things to. The trick for success if to keep sessions short and keep at it consistently. You'll notice that if the dog senses you getting frustrated, it'll stop cooperating altogether. Since the Chiweenie is a play dog, you'll need to keep training sessions interesting and game oriented. Reward them with lots of praise for doing something correctly and give a treat when it's deserved. While you may feel like you're not getting anywhere with the training of this breed, it's quite important to continue on with it. The Chiweenie needs to be socialized very early on so it doesn't act out as an adult and nip at anyone or bark incessantly. After all, this designer breed does consist of a Chihuahua and a Dachshund, two dogs that are quite bossy in their own rights.

Size/Weight: Small sized dogs, weighing in at an average of 8-12 pounds.

Origin Location/Date: There isn't any definitive information on this breed's history because it's such a recent mix to be introduced, but it's said that both the Chihuahua and the Dachshund were first bred together some time in the 1990s. After that, their popularity began to grow here in the United States.

Energy Level: The Chiweenie is an energetic little dog and as such, it needs to be walked or play to burn off all that energy. It's legs are short, so it doesn't need to be walked all too far. Up and down the street is fine as is some play time in the back yard. Also, this breed of dog will get plenty of exercise right inside the house or apartment, so be sure to have some toys for it to take advantage of.

Temperament: Chiweenies are loving, playful and energetic dogs and are great for certain situations. If you're single, an older couple or a family with older children, this breed of dog should be fine to own. If you've got little kids in the house, the Chiweenie might get annoyed at the poking and prodding and take a nip at someone. This dog doesn't appreciate noise and aggravation, so it's best left to live with older folks. It's also not a great dog to have around other pets, so keeping it alone in the house is your best bet.

Necessary Space: Because of its small size, it's fine to have this dog live in a smaller apartment with you. Just remember, the Chiweenie is a barker, so if you've got neighbors nearby, do them a favor and don't have this dog live with you. It's best for situations where others won't be annoyed by its barking.

Talents: While the Chiweenie is small, it's very alert and it's an excellent watch dog. Not much will get by this one. It's also a wonderful best friend and lap dog, so be prepared to love it and cuddle with it.

Life Expectancy: 13-16 years.

Group: Hybrid - Not Applicable.

A few terms and phrases to describe the typical Chiweenie puppy and dog: alert, great watch dog, small, likes to bark, great lap dog, good best friend, cuddler, energetic, likes to play, stubborn, difficult to train, bossy, not good with other pets and can nip at people.

Find Chiweenie puppies for sale near me. Search our free Chiweenie dog classifieds ads by owner. Find Chiweenies wanted, to adopt, and better than Craigslist.
Click Here To Start Advertising Your For Sale Ads
Back