Search

Schnauzer

Schnauzer for sale ads.

T
  • tesha325
· I have 4 Giant Schnoodle puppies for sale... Upper Marlboro, Maryland - MD 20774 · Price: $950
Replies
Views
MelMathews
M
G
  • GBlittleschnauzer
· These are the puppies of Emma and Oliver. We... Canton, Mississippi - MS 39046 · Price: $500
Replies
Views
GBlittleschnauzer
G
A
  • alanalex
· We have male and females miniature schnauzer... Elk Grove Village, Illinois - IL 60007 · Price: $1000
Replies
Views
alanalex
A
T
  • tesha325
· Puppies born in May 20 . Please contact me if... Upper Marlboro, Maryland - MD 20774 · Price: $950
Replies
Views
Admin
Admin
K
  • KMpuppies22
· I have mini Schnauzer puppies for sale. These... Miami, Florida - FL 33165 · Price: $500
Replies
Views
Sunshine23
S
T
  • Trudy
· Adorable and Fiesta liver parti miniature... Diana, Texas - TX 75640 · Price: $600
Replies
Views
Trudy
T
NickLind352
  • NickLind352
· 2 MINI SCHNAUZER FOR SELL ONE MALE ONE FEMALE... Temple, Texas - TX 76504 · Price: $950
Replies
Views
NickLind352
NickLind352
Q
  • queensschnauzerhome
· Adorable AKC Miniature Schnauzer Puppies For... Los Angeles, California - CA 90010
Replies
Views
queensschnauzerhome
Q
K
  • Katjo
· 3 females, 2 males. Pictures are labeled. $700... Austin, Texas - TX 73301 · Price: 700
Replies
Views
Katjo
K
D
  • danaorlanis
· Gorgeous schnauzer puppies. Looking for my... Ventura, California - CA 93001 · Price: $1000
Replies
Views
danaorlanis
D
C
  • Cortney
· I have a male and female Miniature Schnauzer/... Owosso, Michigan - MI 48867 · Price: $1000
Replies
Views
Cortney
C
J
  • JessR14
· Looking for a loving home for our 4 month old... Bowling Green, Missouri - MO 63334 · Price: 700
Replies
Views
JessR14
J
KodyWallice
  • KodyWallice
· I have been searching for the perfect Standard... Augusta, Maine - ME 04330 · Price: $500-$2500
Replies
Views
KodyWallice
KodyWallice
M
  • McCarthy
· 6 Bеаutiful Puррiеѕ аvаilаblе 2Mаlеѕ... Wilmington, North Carolina - NC 28405 · Price: $900
Replies
Views
McCarthy
M
M
  • MiniSchnauzerMom
· ACA Registered Mini Schnauzers Currently 5... Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - OK 73012 · Price: $900
Replies
Views
MiniSchnauzerMom
M
  • 03deleon
· Adorable male full bred Miniature Schnauzer... Phoenix, Arizona - AZ 85022 · Price: 700
Replies
Views
03deleon
  • 03deleon
· Adorable female miniature Schnauzer looking... Phoenix, Arizona - AZ 85022 · Price: 800
Replies
Views
03deleon
A
  • Adabingh
· Beautiful show dog for sale. He is a male and... Ames, Iowa - IA 50010 · Price: $100
Replies
Views
Adabingh
A
S
  • Suzey
· I have a puppy that needs a really good home... Jacksonville, Florida - FL 32258 · Price: $550
Replies
Views
Angelsbaby13
A
V
  • Vmora01$
· I have a chocolate Miniature Schnauzer puppy... Hialeah Gardens, Florida - FL 33018 · Price: 2500
Replies
Views
Vmora01$
V

Schnauzers for Sale & Adoption

The original Miniature Schnauzer was bred as a ratter. That is, it was used to primarily hunt down and catch rats. It's a very different story today. Now, these wonderful dogs are kept as prized pets. People love them because of their compact size, their friendly personalities, and the companionship they offer. This breed is very smart and has a strong sense of wanting to please their masters. Because of this, they're relatively simple to train. Keep in mind that just because these dogs are so friendly and easy to get along with, it doesn't mean they don't have tons of energy and that they don't know how to stand watch. They're awesome watch dogs and can hold their own if a threat arises. Overall though, Miniature Schnauzers are great pets that look forward to seeing and spending lots of time with their families.

Continue reading to learn more about Miniature Schnauzers, a companionable and intelligent dog that makes a great pet.

Popularity: Very popular.

Trainability: There are a few differing opinions when it comes to training Miniature Schnauzers. The first opinions states that these dogs are intelligent and naturally obedient, so they're a pleasure to train. The second opinion states that although this breed learns fast, it can be somewhat stubborn when it comes time to train. Either way, it's agreed upon that Miniature Schnauzer training needs to be consistent and fresh. Don't go about repeating the same command or trick over and over again. Do attempt to train over and over again, but keep what you teach varied. Also, use your voice when training as this dog tends to respond to that.

Size/Weight: Small sized dogs, weighing in at an average of 11-20 pounds.

Origin Location/Date: The Miniature Schnauzer dates all the way back to 15th century Germany as a Standard Schnauzer. Originally bred as a more medium sized dog that would be used to catch rats, it evolved into a smaller dog during the 1800s that would be more of a companion. While popular in Europe, the breed eventually made its way to the United States where it was recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1933.

Energy Level: These are high energy dogs and as such, you'll want to walk and run yours daily. You'll also want to play with it in the back yard or at the park. This isn't only important to relieve some of the dog's built up energy reserves, it's to maintain a proper weight. These dogs have a tendency to become overweight, so be sure not to overfeed and exercise regularly. Work it out until it tells you it is finished.

Temperament: The Miniature Schnauzer is generally a very friendly dog that gets along well with families, individuals, other animals in the house, and children. Like many other dogs though, it can be cautious and suspicious of strangers. Once they meet them though, they're okay. This breed of dog thrives at playtime and wants human companionship. It's important to socialize these dogs from an early age to ensure they grow up friendly and well-mannered. These dogs also have a tendency to bark a lot, so it's important to control that during puppyhood.

Necessary Space: While this dog does require a good amount of exercise in the form of walks, jogs and playtime, it's suitable for apartment living because of its small size. These are popular dogs to own in cities where there are sidewalks and parks in which to exercise.

Talents: The Miniature Schnauzer is an extremely adaptable dog that's affectionate, intelligent, trainable and a wonderful watch dog. Although, as mentioned above, it does have a tendency to bark, but that barking can come in handy when it's needed.

Life Expectancy: 12-15 years.

Group: Terrier Group.

A few terms and phrases to describe the typical Miniature Schnauzer puppy and dog: intelligent, naturally obedient, easy to train, can be stubborn, rat hunters, companionable, proud, independent, loving, good watch dog, highly energetic, friendly, good watchdog, and smart.

Find Miniature Schnauzer puppies for sale near me. Search our free Miniature Schnauzer dog classifieds ads by owner. Find Miniature Schnauzers wanted, to adopt, and better than Craigslist.
Click Here To Start Advertising Your For Sale Ads
Back