Search

Re-Homing 2 Male Sugar Gliders

2K Total Thread Views | 24 Replies | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by Drde · Posted: )

Browse More Sugar Gliders

Za_ch

Reaction Score
Looking to re-home two boy sugar gliders. They are about 1.5 years old. They are bonded and I cannot separate them. If interested and want pictures and more information, please contact me and I’ll be more than happy to respond back.

Breed
Sugar Gliders
City
Dayton
State
Ohio - OH
Zip Code
I am retired and have been wanting to get some sugar gliders as pets and may be interested in yours. My wife and I have seen a few and really like them. We live north of you just north of Lima. Could you send a few pictures of them and also tell us what you are asking for the pair? Thank you in advance.

I am retired and have been wanting to get some sugar gliders as pets and may be interested in yours. My wife and I have seen a few and really like them. We live north of you just north of Lima. Could you send a few pictures of them and also tell us what you are asking for the pair? Thank you in advance.
I’m re-homing them for free. The only thing I ask is to see the enclosure they will be in. I want to make sure they are comfortably set-up. Below attached are pictures, the first two are a standard and the third picture is a blonde sugar glider. I can share more pictures if you would like.

Attachments

• DB332FD7-133E-433A-8324-6C9F576618AC.jpeg
    DB332FD7-133E-433A-8324-6C9F576618AC.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FE12F6DF-D31E-41FB-AE91-5E48E7F37DB8.jpeg
    FE12F6DF-D31E-41FB-AE91-5E48E7F37DB8.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 70C168D2-7B6C-4F62-84D5-8BE159DBAC86.jpeg
    70C168D2-7B6C-4F62-84D5-8BE159DBAC86.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9
I have no enclosure at the moment, but would get something suitable for their habitat. Probably something with multiple levels for climbing etc. I assume you keep them in the same enclosure? Have been reading up on them and would be feeding them food recommended. When would you want to part with them? I would get a suitable enclosure now if I knew for sure they were coming here. I have raised guinea pigs and hamsters in the past with good success, so am used to having small animals around. These guys look like they would be a lot more interesting.

Yes, they are in the same enclosure. I’m really busy this week but I could meet halfway on Sunday April 3rd, if we decided to move forward. I like that you’ve mention you have good experiences with small animals in the past and have researched sugar gliders. However, I’d like to mention that they can be a challenging pet. It’s not frequent but sometimes their singing can be loud at night. They also have an inusual smell so their sleep pouches and enclosures need to be cleaned with frequency. In the beginning, like any pet, they can be really nervous and can bite a little hard. That stops when they’ve bonded and are comfortable in their new home. So, with that being said, if your family is willing to accept then into your home, I can part with them on April 3rd.

• Haha
Reactions: beckwith411
Yes, they are in the same enclosure. I’m really busy this week but I could meet halfway on Sunday April 3rd, if we decided to move forward. I like that you’ve mention you have good experiences with small animals in the past and have researched sugar gliders. However, I’d like to mention that they can be a challenging pet. It’s not frequent but sometimes their singing can be loud at night. They also have an inusual smell so their sleep pouches and enclosures need to be cleaned with frequency. In the beginning, like any pet, they can be really nervous and can bite a little hard. That stops when they’ve bonded and are comfortable in their new home. So, with that being said, if your family is willing to accept then into your home, I can part with them on April 3rd.
I am sooo sorry! I was just checking out the post because I am interested in sugar gliders, but just reading up on them for now and my thumb must have been hovering over the HAHA emoji on my tablet and it just sent it. Why is a HAHA emoji even an option next to reply?! My deepest apologies.

I am sorry to say that overnight we had a change in our situation. My mother who is 94 and has dementia, has taken a turn for the worse. I am the only sibling living in the area and my time will be taken up dealing with all the issues surrounding my mom's condition and potential future situation. I don't feel that I will have the necessary time to spend with the sugar gliders that would be required to "bond" with them and acclimate them to new surroundings. I am truly sorry for wasting your time, but feel I shouldn't take on anything requiring my time for awhile. Thank you again and I hope you find a good home for them.

That’s okay, you do what you need to do. Pets are a huge commitment and need time dedicated to them. I hope your mom’s health improves. Best wishes.

Are you still looking to rehome your little guys?

Looking to re-home two boy sugar gliders. They are about 1.5 years old. They are bonded and I cannot separate them. If interested and want pictures and more information, please contact me and I’ll be more than happy to respond back.
Hey. Are you still looking to rehome your gliders?

Hi there. Yes, I’m still trying to re-home them.
I have a small colony of sugar gliders and am looking to get a few more. Are your males in-tact or are they fixed? Either way I would be happy to adopt them from you.

They are not fixed. Would it be alright if I could see a picture of the enclosure they’d be in? I’m not asking for anything for re-homing them, and I’m willing to travel some to part with them. But, I do need to see the enclosure they’ll be in so that I can be assure they’ll be set up comfortably.

Totally. I have 4 gliders now and keep them in one cage. I have a second cage in case they start to look cramped. I will send you pictures of both a little later.

Here are some pictures of my gliders and their current home. Again, if they start to seem cramped a have a second cage that is the same size.

Attachments

• 43268DBB-7EBF-4C64-A7E4-DA85CBA6D50C.jpeg
    43268DBB-7EBF-4C64-A7E4-DA85CBA6D50C.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 4
  • 8E579380-8907-4EAF-ACB8-FFEAA7D8D63F.jpeg
    8E579380-8907-4EAF-ACB8-FFEAA7D8D63F.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 9DC5FE2A-7702-430E-81E8-21DEA2D375C0.jpeg
    9DC5FE2A-7702-430E-81E8-21DEA2D375C0.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
Thank you very much! I like it and it puts me at ease. I really love my sugar gliders and I wanted to make sure they are going to a safe place. I feel like this would work perfectly. Let me know how’d you like to make arrangements so that you can receive them.

I live in Newark, but am more than happy to head up to Dayton to get them. We could also meet somewhere if you prefer. Let me know when and where works best for you.

I’ve tried searching a midpoint so that the drive does not have to be that long, would you be okay with meeting in Grove City? There’s a Pet Supply Store on Stringtown rd. Let me know if that would be convenient for you. I could make this trip this weekend as well.

That is kind of you. The Pet Supply store in Grove City works great for me. I am available all weekend. Just let me know what day and time and I will meet you there.

I can do Saturday in the evening like at 6pm or Sunday at 10am. Which one would you prefer?