Search

Tips For Submitting Your Support Request

1K Total Thread Views

We got a great idea the other day. We said to one another, "Hey, wouldn't it be great if our members could submit a support request right in a public forum so everyone can see it?" Personally, I think this is a wonderful idea. As a website, we do receive quite a few requests for assistance daily. Most of them are simple questions, such as, "When will my pet ad be approved and posted online?" Those sorts of things. Every once in a while, we'll receive a question asking how to use something on the website or where to properly post an ad. Since these questions are so repetitive, we find ourselves giving the same answers often. I don't even want to think about all the people who never write in and just give up and move onto another website. That kind of thing breaks my heart. I'd like to fix that.

If you have a support request (or "ticket" as they say), please go ahead and start up a new thread in this "Support" forum. If you're logged in, the yellow "Post Thread" button should be up top if you're on a desktop computer or a device with a wide screen or down below if you're using a phone or a device with a narrow screen. Here are a few tips you can follow when writing your request:

• Write a clear title: write a descriptive title, such as "Having Trouble Posting Ad." That's pretty good and we'll know what you're asking right off the bat. A not-so-good title might be, "Need Help." We won't know what you're talking about and we'll probably need to go back and forth with you a few times to get the story. The more clear your title is, the better we'll all be.

• Write a clear description: when writing your support request description, be sure to tell us as much as you know. A good example might be, "I posted an ad over an hour ago and it's still not approved. I don't see it live on the website. Can you please look into this?" That's good and we'll know what you're requesting. Since this will be a public forum, we'll remove any personal information from your post. A not so good request might look like, "I can't work this." Believe me, we receive emails like this all the time. They don't help anyone much. Like the title, the more clear the description, the better.

I think that's about it. I hope this helps everyone who uses our website. The goal here is to fill this section up with support requests so eventually people won't need to submit them anymore. They can simply read through the existing ones to find the answers they seek. Let us know if you need anything else or if something here is unclear. Thanks!