Beautiful Grey and White Shorthair in Need of New Home - SC

• Thread starter Dmurf95
  • Start date

707 Total Thread Views

Browse More Domestic Shorthairs

Dmurf95

Dmurf95

Reaction Score
Hello to anyone who finds this thread. Unfortunately, various life circumstances have lead to me having to make the painful decision to rehome one of our beloved cats, Boots.
She is a Domestic Shorthair, Grey and white colored (It almost looks like she's a Russian blue kind of grey) with gorgeous, bright green eyes. She has a small, lean build for a cat, and she is just around 2 years old, now.

She does have a peeing problem; she uses her litterbox readily (though she is quite a prissy girl about how clean it is) yet still actively pees all around the house.
Through many vet visits we have determined it's a stress issue. Including her we have 4 cats in our household...And she is the only one who causes us problems. She doesn't get along with the other cats at all.
She does NOT actively seek out to harm them; it's not that kind of aggression. But there is aggression there; she swats, hisses and growls when they get close, and she also sometimes actively chases them away from herself.

She is despite this, a very loving and vocal cat! She loves to play, snuggle, as well as to be held and pet. She also gets along quite well with dogs! Just...Not cats. Having dogs or other animals in the home is fine, but she has to be the only cat in the household.

I have, in complete honesty, tried everything I could think of. I researched a lot, tried just about any method you could find online OR be told from your vet. It's been like this nearly since she got here; even after spaying, it did not help with the problem. So I feel it is better for her that she finds a new home with far less stress to deal with.

I am unsure about a rehoming fee, as I don't want her to go to a bad situation, but I also don't want to make it too high...
I will likely just drill you on experience, why you want her, etc. Forgive me, but I raised this cat and want only the best for her. This is painful for me to do, but I will at least make sure the new family she goes home to is a good fit.

We are in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. (Technically we live in Surfside, but literally every map app or delivery service has us as Myrtle Beach.)
Please contact me if you are interested in this sweet baby!

Here are some pics of her:
Boots 1.jpg

Boots 2.jpg

Boots 3.jpg

Breed
Domestic Shorthair
City
Myrtle Beach
State
South Carolina - SC
Zip Code