- American Mini Pigs
- Date Born
- Location: City
- Location: State
The only thing better than the Holidays & Christmas time?!? A precious litter of adorable mini pigs for me & my little ones to spoil at CHRISTMAS TIME!!!
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AD BEFORE MESSAGING OR MAKING YOUR DECISION ON ADDING A PIGLET FROM RIDGELY ACRES TO YOUR FAMILY- RESEARCH SHOULD BE THE TOP PRIORITY FOR ANY POTENTIAL NEW OWNER & THERE IS ALOT OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THE AD BELOW TO CONSIDER
This litter of American Mini Pigs will be300 each & I require a non-refundadle deposit of 100 in order to hold your piggy until they are weaned & ready to go Sunday, December 22nd (I will NOT wean early or sell as bottle babies- so please do not waste time by asking. It is not in the best interest of the pig). Once your deposit is placed, I will email a mini pig info guide to help with getting set up for your new family member. I accept cash & all major credit cards for deposits & for final payment. I will send weekly update videos of your piglet on weekends once a deposit is placed. The piglets will leave the farm with: their iron injections given, coccidia treatment/preventative administered, fully vaccinated, dewormed with 2 different dewormers, handled daily & started on litter box training. Male piglets can be neutered by my vet before leaving for an additional cost. It is the opinion of my vet & myself that female piglets should not be spayed until 5-6 months of age, so for that reason they will need to be done by your vet & can not be done before leaving here. The mom of this litter is 3.5 years old & 16.5" tall, Dad is 2 years old & 14" tall. I also have the paternal grandmother here as well, so there are multiple generations on farm for you to see. The parents height is your best indicator of the size that your pig will generally be as an adult- ethical breeders do not weigh their pigs because they are such dense/compact animals they carry their weight very different from say, a dog. They also do not guarantee an adult weight- that is impossible. Both parents are on farm for you to meet!
Mini Pigs make absolutely fabulous pets, but they are definitely not for everyone, so please do your research & take time to consider the following before deciding to add a piggy to your family:
1) Check your housing/city/town zoning to make sure pigs are allowed
2) These are American Mini Pigs- there is no such thing as a teacup, nano, micro, etc. pig. If you are worried about having a pig that fits the "teacup myth" then a pig is definitley not for you. A healthy, well fed mini pig is the goal here- not a pig who has been half starved to achieve the "myth." Those terms are incredibly misleading & should not be used by any ethical, responsible breeder. The parent pigs are the best way to get a general idea of how big your piglet will be. My pigs mature to roughly the size of a medium dog (i.e. beagle, basset hound, English bulldog).
3) Make sure that you have a Veterinarian that sees pigs- not all large animal/farm vets see pigs!
4) If you have someone you need to check with to make sure it is ok to add a piggy to your home (I.e.- spouse, significant other, room mate, landlord, relative, etc.) Please do so BEFORE making an appointment at the farm.
5) Research, research & research some more! An educated owner is key to a successful, forever home.
*PLEASE SEE PICTURES FOR THE AVAILABLE PIGLETS & THEIR DESCRIPTIONS*
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY- NO HOLDS WITHOUT A DEPOSIT (ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS)
We are Located in Ridgely, MD 21660- We do have a fantastic shipper that does ground transport if you are not close enough for local pick up
*Excellent farm references available from previous clients & veterinary references are available as well*
**Although we are thrilled to have babies to spoil at this wonderful time of year- pets are a lifetime commitment, not a spur of the moment gift**
Keywords: Juliana, mini pigs, American Mini Pigs, mini pig, piglet, potbelly, Potbellied, Vietnamese potbelly
Collage 2019-11-20 16_38_15.jpg197.6 KB Views: 12