Two Sable Ferrets In Need of New Home - South Carolina

• Thread starter Dmurf95
  • Start date

2K Total Thread Views | 21 Replies

Browse More Ferrets

Dmurf95

Dmurf95

Reaction Score
UPDATE: They are officially up for adoption again. I don't like it, but it's better for them. Everything has changed again, and I just would rather give them a better chance with someone else.

Due to recent circumstances and the lack of funds and space, I have finally come to the hard decision that my two ferrets Peanut and Bell would do better in a home where their people can give them much more free roam time, and attention than I cannot currently give them. So I am rehoming them with this hope in mind.
Personal/family life has been steadily sucking the life out of my savings as well as my free time, and it has gotten to the point that I can no longer give them the proper attention they need to stay healthy and happy. (Not to mention I am struggling to get their food for them every few months even with saving up.)

Peanut is a male, Bell is a female, and she is much older than Peanut. They have been together for a long time and are a bonded pair, so I will be sending them off together with ALL of their belongings; including any and all food and cleaning supplies I still have.

All together, they will come with:
  • Two Story Ferret Nation Cage (With two separate sets of cage and ramp liners)
  • Two litter pans
  • Food (Mix of Wysong Epigen 90 & Farmina Natural Grain Free Lamb and Blueberry Cat Food)
  • Litter (Equine Pine Pellets)
  • Containers for food and litter
  • ALL their current toys, beds, food/water bowls, etc (And the small tubs I keep it all in)
  • Any and all other supplies I have for them (Ferret-safe shampoo, "Pickle Juice" for nail trimming, cleaning supplies, etc)

Asking for $200 because I will be sending them off with quite literally everything I own that pertains to them.
They are pickup only, as well. I definitely won't be shipping them or any of their supplies; it's a lot!

Breed
Ferrets
Price
$200
City
Myrtle Beach
State
South Carolina - SC
Zip Code
Last edited:
Are your ferrets still available?

Missoil said:
Are your ferrets still available?
At this point no, they are not. Living situation has changed and I no longer need to rehome them, as stated at the top of the thread.

Thank you for your interest, though!

Last edited:
Hello community!

Unfortunately I have a sad update: Ferrets are officially up for adoption again.
Everything has gone crazy again; deals fell through, and abrupt, massive expenses have made me nearly flat broke all over again.

At this point I've decided it's better to try and rehome them; I don't want to constantly worry about not being able to buy food, or not having the funds if they suddenly need an emergency vet visit.

Still have them?

Rnunez21 said:
Still have them?
I do, yes! They are still available to a new home.
As stated in the post though, they are not available to be shipped.

Are they still available?

KarmaSuga said:
Are they still available?
Someone might be adopting them locally; they haven't gotten back to me just yet on that.
As of right now though, they are, yes.
They are pickup only however, as stated in the post.

Are they still available????? We could come today.

Are these two still available? If so, I can come today and pick them up.

Reactions: Dmurf95
Anyahoover said:
Are these two still available? If so, I can come today and pick them up.
Yes, they are still available.
Are you truly certain? Their cage is a double ferret nation as mentioned, so it's quite big!
I'll have to give it a clean for you; they are quite the poopers.

Are they available still?

Could you send pics? How much?! How old?? Did you say 2?

Anyahoover said:
Are they available still?
Rhoover said:
Could you send pics? How much?! How old?? Did you say 2?
They are, yes!
You are both from Mt, Pleasant? Are you a family or couple?
Sorry if that is an odd question, I am just trying to make sense of this. If you are truly serious, then I need to understand who will actually be coming to take my babies!

As for the price; as mentioned in the original post, their is a rehoming fee of $200 due to them going with everything. And yes, there are two of them; a male named "Peanut" and a female named "Bell."

Ages are approximate, as I have been struggling to pay for food and haven't been able to get them to a vet in ages. I am going off of what the original owner told me, but Peanut is around 2-3 years by this point, and Bell is VERY old; a senior as far as I am aware. She's got the "old lady" silver hairs going!
I plan on taking them to the vet as soon as I can, if you are willing to wait! I will update you accordingly if you are all right with doing that.
And I'll send more pictures; it's hard to get good ones, as they're so dang wiggly!
I'll post them here soon.

Could you please send pictures? And how much did you say? How old are they? Did you say two of them?
Dmurf95 said:
They are, yes!
You are both from Mt, Pleasant? Are you a family or couple?
Sorry if that is an odd question, I am just trying to make sense of this. If you are truly serious, then I need to understand who will actually be coming to take my babies!

As for the price; as mentioned in the original post, their is a rehoming fee of $200 due to them going with everything. And yes, there are two of them; a male named "Peanut" and a female named "Bell."

Ages are approximate, as I have been struggling to pay for food and haven't been able to get them to a vet in ages. I am going off of what the original owner told me, but Peanut is around 2-3 years by this point, and Bell is VERY old; a senior as far as I am aware. She's got the "old lady" silver hairs going!
I plan on taking them to the vet as soon as I can, if you are willing to wait! I will update you accordingly if you are all right with doing that.
And I'll send more pictures; it's hard to get good ones, as they're so dang wiggly!
I'll post them here soon.
We are a family - but they are intended as an emotional support pet for my 16 yr old, so I’m wondering how cuddly they are !! Thx. Yes, Mt. Pleasant.

Rhoover said:
Could you please send pictures? And how much did you say? How old are they? Did you say two of them?

We are a family - but they are intended as an emotional support pet for my 16 yr old, so I’m wondering how cuddly they are !! Thx. Yes, Mt. Pleasant.
Ah I see!
As mentioned, Peanut is around 2-3 now, and Bell is...Well. Bell is an old lady-- I don't have specific ages, unfortunately.

I am being kind but honest when I say this, but I do not think ferrets would be a good choice as an emotional support animal-- at least, not my two! They love to give kisses, but are very active and will want to play far more than they will want to cuddle. They also have a fixation on nibbling toes!

I wouldn't suggest them in this case, but I appreciate your interest!

We would love to take them. We live in Oklahoma but can drive up there to get them.

Matt reynolds said:
We would love to take them. We live in Oklahoma but can drive up there to get them.
Truly? That is quite far!
I will be getting them to the vet soon for a check-up- it took a while of saving but I finally have enough! (Covid majorly stinks.)
Would you like to wait for the results to make your final decision?

As mentioned in the original post, they go with everything they have with a rehoming fee of $200.

Yes please.

Matt reynolds said:
Yes please.
All right!
I'll contact you again with the results as soon as I get them. I appreciate it!