Search

Privately Contacting a Buyer

934 Total Thread Views | 1 Reply | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by Bobby Voelker · Posted: )

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Pro Member
Site Supporter
Sr. Site Supporter
Power User
Reaction Score
If you're a Pro member here on the site, you've got a big advantage over other users. I'll explain why down below.

If you've got an ad live in the classifieds, typically, interested parties would respond to that ad as a post right below your initial post. Their response is public, so anyone in the world can see it. The trouble is, once you respond back and forth publicly with this interested party a few times to make sure they're, first, really interested and, second, legitimate, the time comes to exchange personal information to continue on with the sale. Either you or they need to publicly list your/their email address or phone number in the ad. Sure, it can be deleted after it's listed, but still, it's not ideal.

We have things set up like this for a reason. Through the years, we've learned that scammers and nefarious creatures love to absolutely hammer classifieds websites with messages of all types. If we gave everyone the ability to send private messages through our site, each and every registered member would wake up tomorrow morning with their inboxes filled to the brim. It's terrible. The way we currently have things configured is to force each user to reply to an ad publicly to shake out any dishonest folk. Most of you never see the bad messages as we screen each and every one that goes through.

If you have upgraded your account, you have extra abilities that others don't have. One of these is the ability to send private messages to other members. By sending private messages, when a member asks for your contact information because they'd like to take things further, you can easily do this behind the scenes so it's not public in your ad. The reason we only offer this to Pro members is because it costs money to upgrade and it's not likely that a dishonest person would use their hard-earned dollars to pay that fee. Yes, they have in the past, but we catch them quickly 99.9% of the time.

How do you send private messages to other members? It's simple. Just roll your mouse pointer over their avatar and click the Start Conversation button. Take a look:

start-conversation.jpg

Give it a shot. I think you'll like this feature. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you out. And finally, if you like this feature, be sure to tell me below. Thanks!

PS - Pro members have the ability to initiate a new conversation and any member who has received a message has the ability to respond. Regular members don't have the ability to initiate a conversation.

Reactions: Wickedrose Siberial
If you're a Pro member here on the site, you've got a big advantage over other users. I'll explain why down below.

If you've got an ad live in the classifieds, typically, interested parties would respond to that ad as a post right below your initial post. Their response is public, so anyone in the world can see it. The trouble is, once you respond back and forth publicly with this interested party a few times to make sure they're, first, really interested and, second, legitimate, the time comes to exchange personal information to continue on with the sale. Either you or they need to publicly list your/their email address or phone number in the ad. Sure, it can be deleted after it's listed, but still, it's not ideal.

We have things set up like this for a reason. Through the years, we've learned that scammers and nefarious creatures love to absolutely hammer classifieds websites with messages of all types. If we gave everyone the ability to send private messages through our site, each and every registered member would wake up tomorrow morning with their inboxes filled to the brim. It's terrible. The way we currently have things configured is to force each user to reply to an ad publicly to shake out any dishonest folk. Most of you never see the bad messages as we screen each and every one that goes through.

If you have upgraded your account, you have extra abilities that others don't have. One of these is the ability to send private messages to other members. By sending private messages, when a member asks for your contact information because they'd like to take things further, you can easily do this behind the scenes so it's not public in your ad. The reason we only offer this to Pro members is because it costs money to upgrade and it's not likely that a dishonest person would use their hard-earned dollars to pay that fee. Yes, they have in the past, but we catch them quickly 99.9% of the time.

How do you send private messages to other members? It's simple. Just roll your mouse pointer over their avatar and click the Start Conversation button. Take a look:

Give it a shot. I think you'll like this feature. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you out. And finally, if you like this feature, be sure to tell me below. Thanks!

PS - Pro members have the ability to initiate a new conversation and any member who has received a message has the ability to respond. Regular members don't have the ability to initiate a conversation.
Great feature! Thanks for the insight!

Click Here To Start Advertising Your For Sale Ads
Back