Search

New Member Introductions

166K Total Thread Views | 560 Replies | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by wmahoney123 · Posted: )

David from Farnham, Virginia

My name is David Sweet and I hale from Farnham, Virgina--Farnham is a quiet rural community that doesn't even have a signpost marking its location. Blink twice and you've driven thru Farnham without knowing it.

I moved here almost 8 years ago with a year-old lab puppy, the son of my previous lab--both named Onyx. I am disabled and was at that time also recovering from an additional injury. I needed a companion for my Onyx, and found a rescue who needed me as much as we needed her!

It was rough at first--I discovered that Isabelle had been abused and also had cancer. She's been cancer free for most of 7 years now, and over the ensuing years she's come out of her shell to become a very loving and playful addition to my 'family', which has since grown.

A few years ago I purchased a pair of AC chocolate labs for breeding, and rather soon thereafter I was compelled to sell the male. Having no funds available for more than feeding/caring for my dogs and just enough left over to feed myself once a day, I subsequently bred the female, named Xena, with Onyx. Onyx is a full blood black lab carrying yellow. Their offspring, black, chocolate and yellow labs, moved to new homes quickly.

Xena is due again early December--her puppies will become available in February. My home is going to be a busy place! I kept a female pup from Xena's first litter, making four of my own dogs under my roof....boy am I sooo trained!

I began working with a lady breeder who also purchases from other breeders dogs who've been returned by their owners, to re-sell. Returns are for the usual causes--relocation, owner disabilities or health issues, incompatibility, etc... While these dogs are AKC registered, we are not offering them as papered animals but only as quality pets. We are specializing in larger breeds such as the German Shepherd, Great Dane, Borzoi, Norwegian Wolf Hound, Wolf hybrids, Husky, etc

I am a dedicated owner/foster homer and as I am currently foster-homing 4 young German Shepherds and two Great Dane puppies in addition to the four labs of my own. I almost never leave the farm. I will be undertaking the construction of sheds suitable for kenneling, and my business partner and I (she lives in Maryland) are starting to look for a larger tract of land to expand and centralize our kenneling facilities.

I should have started working with fostering and re-homing dogs a long time ago--I am currently very happy--all I could wish for is a LTR with a like-minded and dog-dedicated woman to move forward with. My family is pictured below.

100_2729.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Luxuryencouters
Great intro David! Welcome to the website!

Jay

Hello everyone! I'm an Army veteran and I love cats. Maine Coons are my favorite. I have a black smoke boy , named Hagrid. I also have two Bengals that are going up for sale. Thank-you for looking!
Where are you located?

Pug Lover from Charlotte, North Carolina

We are happy to be a family of Pugs and also want to share our Pug puppies with anybody who is interested.

beautiful-chunky-pug-puppies-5c97e4f676c3a.jpg

German Shepherd Lover from Yermo, California

My name is Heidi Rogers and I live in Yermo CA. I'm living out here where I grew up after living back East for almost 30 years. I came back to take care of my Dad until he passed away last year from Alzheimer's and dementia. It's rather strange being back in the same house I grew up in but I've adjusted to the heat again and I love being back here in California.

Miniature Dachshund Breeder from Brazoria, Texas

Hello - I am new here. I breed miniature Dachshunds. Nice to be here.

20191107_171108.jpg

New Member from Leighton, Alabama

Hello - I am new to this site. I am located in Leighton, AL. I love animals of all creations. I have litter where Mom is Anatolian Pyrenees and Dad is Cane Corso. I believe these puppies could make good livestock dogs or good all around farm dog or just a pet. Hope to here from you soon. these babies waiting on furever homes.

Hello - notice you have mix cane corso. I have litter of Anatolian Pyrenees Cane Corso Puppies just wanted to say hi and share my love for Cane Corso and love my Shih tzu!! I'm new to this site as well.

Hi, I am Bonny From Milton Freewater, Oregon - Pet Portraits Available

Hi, I am Bonny from Oregon. I own a pair of Australian Shepherds.

We live in the country side of a small town. My daughter and I do hand drawn, painted, and multimedia pet portraits.

Denver, Colorado Adventurer

Hey there all the pet lovers!

My name is Bri. I currently don’t have a sidekick, for the adventures. This was a new development as of early Oct.
I’d first moved to Colorado in 2012... loving all that we have for adventures here; camping, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding.... and more.

Thank you all for this community.

Cat Lover in New Jersey

I am a cat lover by day and night.

Cats are truly the widest, sweetest beings and they inspire much of my art with their vastly different personalities.

Veronica from Bakersfield, California - Maltipoo Owner

I am out of Bakersfield, California and I own a beautiful two year-old Maltipoo boy. He is very high energy and a lover. However, he is also mischievous and am not able to finish renovating my backyard to my liking due to him chewing on items I’ve purchased. He requires a lot of attention and discipline. Overall, he is adorable and a great companion.

230EBBB1-3D19-4B7C-B552-7FA550835D47.jpeg

3D62B9DC-BFA5-45DB-9CF4-A1527FB9C846.png

3DF61A7A-AEA8-4C3B-B415-946D50B8EC80.jpeg

French Bulldog Lover from Portland, Oregon

Hi, I am a French Bulldog lover and I have some litters of French Bulldog puppies available for their new homes.

4.jpg

Do you have any pictures? Also, do your puppies come with papers as far as getting them registered?