Navy Vet in search of suitable PTS Service Dog (no training required)

cbrown402

Hi there! My name is Christy and I am a 32 year old veteran with PTSD/MST and am in need of a medium-large breed dog (30-70 pounds in adulthood) to train to become a service animal for me. I would prefer a dog between 1-5 years, but a puppy would be acceptable as a second option. I currently live in the Lancaster, PA area, but would be willing to travel anywhere within a 500 mile or so radius to adopt a dog that would be a good match for me. I do have a daughter, 7.5 years old, and a cat.

The dog must be good with dogs/cats/children and readily able to learn and respond to commands. This dog will accompany me everywhere I go as I am unable to leave home by myself due to my disabilities and will need to be behaved and calm in public. This can be trained, but very high-energy dogs would not be likely to make a good match for me. I do have a fenced in yard and do not have any breed restrictions. Do you think you have someone that might be a good fit for me? Let me know. Please include asking price and location with your response.

House of Potiphar

Hi there! My name is Christy and I am a 32 year old veteran with PTSD/MST and am in need of a medium-large breed dog (30-70 pounds in adulthood) to train to become a service animal for me. I would prefer a dog between 1-5 years, but a puppy would be acceptable as a second option. I currently live in the Lancaster, PA area, but would be willing to travel anywhere within a 500 mile or so radius to adopt a dog that would be a good match for me. I do have a daughter, 7.5 years old, and a cat.

The dog must be good with dogs/cats/children and readily able to learn and respond to commands. This dog will accompany me everywhere I go as I am unable to leave home by myself due to my disabilities and will need to be behaved and calm in public. This can be trained, but very high-energy dogs would not be likely to make a good match for me. I do have a fenced in yard and do not have any breed restrictions. Do you think you have someone that might be a good fit for me? Let me know. Please include asking price and location with your response.
Hello Christy, American bulldogs can be great service dogs if trained. They are very loyal, loving and protective. You can get you a young adult or a pup from a good breeder.

Honey Meadows

Pro Member
I don't know if you've found what you're looking for yet however Rettungs Haus Shepherds in Kenosha WI would most likely be able to help you. Don't worry about the distance.... there are transports out there.

Rettungs Haus is a non-profit rescue that specializes in German Shepherds. Every shepherd is provided with basic socialization and training while in their care and for those who are local, they offer continued training and certification. They have an application that you would need to complete. You'd need to be interviewed by Antoinette. She would then send someone from a local rescue to complete a home study on you. After that, you'd be put on a waiting list.

Best wishes to you finding a service dog that's perfect for you.

Happy Memorial Day to you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service.

We have Chihuahua's that we sell. I have one I take everywhere. They are easily portable due to their small size. Fit well on planes and so on. I'm not sure what you need the dog to do for you but these dogs work well for diabetics once trained. I have had a time or two when another dog would run up to hurt my little dog and due to his small size I was able to grab him up before he was able to be attacked. My son has a doberman as his service dog, that we had trained he cost us $1,500 training was very expensive $12,000. My son felt like a little dog wasn't manly enough. lol But our biggest worry is another dog may go after him or he would be hit by a car when crossing the parking lots. People don't see dogs like they can humans when backing a car up and so on. He is obviously to big to carry lol. And he takes up a whole seat when we travel. Places notice him more and seem to frown on big dogs even through you can clearly see he is a service dog. And I carry around his training logs. We have to threaten them with ADA laws and taking them to court. So in our opinion our next service dog will be under 20 lbs. manly or not to having a little dog. lol lol Just wanted to give you some things to think about. Let us know if you are looking for a small dog like a Chihuahua. We have sold several to organizations and people to be trained as service dogs. It is all up to what you need the dog trained to do for you. If it is just to walk in a dark room to make sure no one is in it these little guys are perfect but if you need one to actually turn the light on you may have to hook up a pull string. If you need the dog to help redirect your emotions, to relax you or deescalate the situation these little dogs are perfect for that. Mine will lay her head on me when I'm stressed which lowers my blood pressure,. It is like she is giving me a hug or telling me you are okay just relax. It helps with anxiety. Okay enough about service dogs.lol Let me know if a Chihuahua is what you need.

We have a very pregnant chihuahua due any day. Our babies love people. They have stayed as tiny as 2 lbs to 6 lbs. full grown. Location the DC, Maryland, Virginia area. We do not ship our fur babies. If interested in more information and pictures Please text me at 240-780-2970. The picture is of a puppy that is no longer available. More to come but limited.

Attachments

Pet Lovers! Show Off Your Pet Photos. We Have an Entire Section Just For You!

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhusosky