Lionhead Jersey Wooly Dwarf Babies in Need of Home

• Thread starter Lionami
  • Start date

778 Total Thread Views

Browse More Rabbits

L

Lionami

Reaction Score
I have five baby bunnies ready for adoption! They are about three months old and born on Easter
I live in Portland Oregon! so if you are near feel free to stop by or if your far we can work something out!!

LIONHEAD BUNNY

• Brown and white blue eyes

• sweet and curious! Always Binkying and playing

• handled daily from birth Loving and energetic

• Not used to loud noises only soft noise like tv and music and playing with people not so much children.

• transitional feed and hay included.

• ready to go home!

2 Brown Harlequin & 3 white all have blue eyes. They are a mix of Lionhead, Jersey wooly, and Holland lop.

I also have more pictures and videos available I can send you. Do not hesitate to contact me for any reason even if you are unsure I have no problem answering any questions you may have, but I do try to cover everything in my post. I just couldn't post most my pictures as they were not supported.

Mother is white Holland lop/lionhead. Father is a Brown Harlequin Lionhead/Jersey Wooly both are about 3lbs

Together they have made the cutest kits of bunnies!

There is a rehoming fee of $120 contact me for details! Price is Negotiable and I am generous depending on what environment they will be living in and you did your research as bunnies live a long time (10 years), and I want them to go to a loving home where they will be properly cared and loved!

Gender: Female and male mix. Unknown at the moment, need to double check I believe brown is male and white is female but it is a mix. So, I am pretty sure the brown are boys and I am unsure of the white as they are a mix of boys and girls. I think I have more boys than girls.

Diet: A rabbits diet is very crucial to a rabbits health! Until 6 months of age provide alfalfa hay and then switch to timothy hay after 6 months old. Pellets can be given at times but are not necessary as hay is needed since they need to constantly chew to keep their teeth short. Veggies specifically Greens are 20% of their diet and at times if your bun is ill providing diet of only hay is beneficial to prevent GI stasis. If they are fed improperly they can have blockage, diarrhea, GI stasis which can lead to death. A rabbit is very sensitive animal and if they are not being cared for accurately it could mean death even not eating for 6-12 hours can mean death. A rabbit constantly needs to be eating, especially hay, Timothy hay to be precise it should always be available for a bunny to eat. And a growing bunny needs to eat alfalfa until 6 months of age. Timothy hay is healthy and should always be fed at all times, its what’s helps keep their teeth healthy because they constantly need to chew and it’s what helps their digestive system stay healthy, preventing back up and stasis.

Sugary Veggies like carrots, and fruits like blueberries, strawberries, bananas are considered treats.

Treats: are 1% of their diet. Be weary of treats as it can cause tummy trouble and upset, and even stasis if overfed.

Always be Careful what veggies, greens are fed because some can be toxic. Make sure to Slowly introduce fruits and veggies. I always check online and do NOT feed a lot of fruits because it can be too sugary (even too many carrots are bad because of excessive sugar) it can cause dysbiosis/diarrhea and be fatal.

Play: Provide Toys for Bun to chew and dig at to prevent destructive behavior and keep bun health like:

Hay balls, Apple sticks, Willow balls/sticks, tunnels, seagrass matts, keys to shake, toilet paper rolls filled with hay, and Buns also love Cardboard boxes to play in and chew. Good mental stimulation can prevent destructive behaviors like digging and chewing on carpet and furniture. Also Play time is great time to bond with rabbits so that's why it's not good to leave them locked up in a cage because how else are you going to develop a relationship and bond with them if they are locked up! Rabbits are crepuscular and most active dawn and twilight. They are very intelligent and social that’s why it’s good to get it another rabbit friend, if that’s not a option having a cat or dog is good too and safely introducing them can create a strong bond with one another. You can even train a rabbit on a harness and leash. I let my rabbit run outside, take her to the park and she comes back, but I still have to watch her because she tends to run off in the bushes and stay there, so then I'm trying to reach her while she's just relaxing in the shrubs. You can even try to take your rabbit with you wherever you go because it's good exercise and teaches them to not run off and they bond to you based off how much you interact with them and train them.

Environment: Buns are meant to be free roam and Indoors. As they are not wild and if outdoors should be in a safe space and supervised, and it’s not good to cage up a bunny outside since they are vulnerable to predators, and are escape artists, they will find a way out of your yard, so keeping your bunny indoors is a good idea and monitoring them outside is safer option. Currently, there is viral rabbit disease going about and bun should be kept away from wild animals. Bunnies prefer weather more cool around 60-65F. They must be housed in winter and be cooled in AC in summer as above 80F temp can cause heat stroke. Rabbits do not need to be bathe and a bath can kill your bunny. It causes them to go into shock and they can die. However, if you notice them overheating you can cool them by spraying your bun with some cool water on their ears and fur.

Litterbox: Provide bunny with litter box filled with pine pellets and hay to eat and change on daily basis. Bunny poops and pees naturally in corners and like to eat where to go to the bathroom. Since Rabbits like to eat and pee at the same time, that’s why their litter box needs to be changed and kept clean. Rabbits don’t like dirty litter box and so keeping it clean will promote good health (preventing urinary issues, scalding, and keeping the bun from peeing outside box). The bun has been good about peeing and pooing in the boxes, which have litter to absorb the urine and hay to eat. Once the hay gets soiled it’s best to throw it out to prevent urine scald, so having a clean litter box and cleaning it daily is essential. Keep clean to prevent infections, and urine scald on bunnies hind legs and wet tail. You can use shredded paper and pine pellets as litter (do NOT use cat litter or any wood shavings) pine pellets are good and can be bought at farm store for cheap and it’s big bag they give you (buying from farm store like Wilco farm store or Tractor supply or any farm store is cheaper and better because they give you more for less and quality is still good).

Groom: Brush bunny 1-2 times a week maybe more if fur is longer.

Use soft bush and careful with the bunnies skin since its very sensitive.

Health: Vet check ups are necessary and spay/neuter help keeps hormones under control and helps bunny in litter training. Also keeps bunny healthy from ovarian cancer as it is common in buns >5 years old and 60-80%. To prevent diseases having a vet check up is important to diagnose for any possible diseases/illnesses such as E. Caniculi, head tilt, pastuerellosis (snuffles), breathing difficulties, overgrown teeth, excessive gas that can cause bloat, loss appetite, lethargy, dehydration, enteritis, dysbiosis, myxomatosis, cheyletiella, ear mites, fly strike, calicivirus, and uterine cancer. E. Cuniculi testing should be done as though it can be dormant it can affect bun any time in life and meds to prevent parasitic infection from arising help in keeping it at bay. It can effect buns (eyes, brain, or kidney). It's important to monitor rabbits behavior and needs because constantly monitoring them will help make sure they are healthy and prevent any illnesses. Remember Rabbits have very sensitive digestive systems so Number 1 thing is their diet!!! Especially in their first 6 months of life's they have very fragile Gastrointestinal system and their diet effects they health enormously. If you ever see mushy poo/diarrhea (that's not cecotrophs) then it could be fatal and giving them a probiotic (acidophilus) is a life saver and can help re-establish their gut. Cecotrophs looks like clumpy poop, and the rabbit eats it to re-digest for more beneficial nutrients. A rabbits gut is fragile, I cannot stress that enough, and if a rabbit goes a day without eating even 6-12 hours sometimes they can die because they constantly need to be chewing and eating because their gut needs to be working 24/7 (having willow sticks or toys made for rabbits to chew can help keep them from chewing your shoes or carpet and stuff that may clog their intestine).

If A rabbit eats something they shouldn’t, clogging their intestine, or they stop eating then it can cause GI stasis and if that occurs it can be fatal. Even excessive gas can cause issues that can be fatal to a rabbit (have baby gas drops or gas x handy). A rabbits poop will tell you everything. Always take note of their poop and urine! Just google it and internet will tell you what's normal/abnormal. For example, little tiny droppings are not good and can indicate oncoming stasis. Like I said their DIET is crucial!! Be very watchful at all times, especially in the first 6 months of the rabbits life. Some recommend no fruits/veggies till they reach that age but he seems to be fine nibbling on some blueberries and carrots. But fruits and veggies contains a lot of sugar, even veggies which can be detrimental to a rabbit if it’s not portioned accordingly.

It’s important to note For possible emergencies always have these on hand rabbit first aid kit:

Acidophilus probiotic

Critical care formula

Gas drops

Antibiotic cream

Pedialyte

Baby aspirin

Ice pack

Heating pad

Here are some websites that also have some good info

https://rabbit.org/tag/international-2/

https://bunnylady.com/category/diet/

https://therabbithaven.org/caring-for-your-rabbit

I recommend viewing these websites prior to making a decision of getting a rabbit. Contact me for further info!

There is a lot to know about rabbits and I want to feel reassured that you know what your getting into.

I really hope this information was helpful and if you want to proceed with getting a bunny I would be happy to assist you! Please email me at namitodor@gmail.com or call/text me at (503)7056882.

Best regards,

Naomi

Breed
Rabbits
Date Born
Apr 4, 2021
Price
City
Portland
State
Oregon - OR
Zip Code