Search

Hello From a Bengal Breeder in West Virginia!

• Thread starter Caroline Stephens
  • Start date

482 Total Thread Views | 1 Reply

Browse More Cat Breeders

Caroline Stephens

Caroline Stephens

Reaction Score
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to this site. My name is Caroline, and I breed bengals here in WV. I am new to breeding and I am on only my second litter of kittens, but I am in love with the bengal breed and want to only produce the best kittens.

My cattery is FinePrintBengal, and my site is https://www.fineprintbengals.com/

There are three cats in my breeding program — my male, Kanpur Sauvage of Shurwin (“Sauvage”); my breeding female, Shurwin Trinity (“Trinity”); and my youngest, Braveheart Nairobi who is not yet of breeding age. All three are TICA registered, of course.

I have three goals with my breeding program:
  1. Healthy and happy cats! This starts with properly caring for my breeding cats by keeping regular vet appointments, giving plenty of attention (never caging!), and meeting their needs. I also handle my kittens from an early age to make human interaction a familiar and positive experience. I am also in the process of completing health testing on my cats, and Nairobi (my younger female) already has clean results from Feline Optimal Selection testing,
  2. Social and outgoing kittens! I handle my kittens from day one. I keep it to a minimum at first, with daily weighing and gentle touching as my female Trinity permits, and increase handling as they grow. When family visits, they are encouraged to handle and play with the kittens, starting at around a month of age. My kittens are exposed to a variety of sounds and surroundings, and people!
  3. Last but not least, stunning markings! I am fond of large rosettes - some call it “clouded.” I breed only the brown/black rosetted bengals, with my focus on enhancing the traditional coloration and pattern (although snows and charcoals are beautiful!). If possible, I am going to add in photos of previous kittens once I have finished typing.
This was a male from my last litter. The rosettes along his back separated as he got older.

83F7E8EE-D257-4F93-88A0-F9A5197E9689.jpeg

My pick kitten from the last litter:

06913106-06E1-45FB-81DD-E8318115253A.jpeg

B6D808B8-6EEC-4560-981C-C3ECBA5664A5.jpeg

Same kitten, in her new home and a little older:

8A1D84EB-026C-4BF1-B185-62FF5E72B3D7.jpeg

Breeder Type
Cat
City
Charleston
State
West Virginia - WV
Zip Code
Reactions: Admin
Excellent write up on your breeding service! Thank you and welcome to the website.

Jay

Reactions: Caroline Stephens