Depressed Mother Hamster - What Can I Do?

A

angela.rcooper1

I just last night gave the last two hamster kids to new homes. Now the mama hamster (Binki) is depressed, will she get over it over time or should I be doing something to help her? Also when I try to hold her she bites will she ever get over biting?

These were the kids:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CampFireJack

I just last night gave the last two hamster kids to new homes. Now the mama hamster (Binki) is depressed, will she get over it over time or should I be doing something to help her? Also when I try to hold her she bites will she ever get over biting?
@Kara, any ideas?

W

WendyMay

It would probably benefit the mama hamster if she had a friend. Does she get along with other hamsters? Is she still biting?

Depressed Mother Hamster - What Can I Do? was posted on 06-15-2019 by angela.rcooper1 in the Pet Conversation, Questions & Answers forum. Click to visit our most recent posts or return to the pet classifieds homepage.