Search

New Member Introductions

167K Total Thread Views | 560 Replies | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by wmahoney123 · Posted: )

Hi! I'm Marcella, Artist at Gracie's Place Art

Gracie's Place Art Studio began last year. It is named after my shelter rescue kitty, Grace (Gracie). She was found by the shelter, wandering the streets of Los Angeles, a 5 month old kitten. Scared and alone, it was love at first sight for both of us. She hung on to me, and wouldn't let go for about an hour at the shelter. Gracie is a "Survivor." Gracie lives with her two pals, Mandy and Noel (both of which are also rescues).

My love of art and animals have collided and developed into a love of doing pet portraits and portraits of wild animals. Lately, my pet portraits have taken first place in my priorities. I love doing the portraits. Pet owners have been moved to tears upon seeing the portraits. I try to not only capture the image of the pet, but their personality as well.

I have pretty much settled with pencil art for the portraits. It is both a challenge and I love the results.

If you would like to see more of our pet portraits, as well as Gracie's Collection (nature art), please visit our webpage.

We also have a monthly newsletter. If you are interested, please feel free to sign up...it's free.

We would love to see pictures of your sweet babies! Feel free to post them on this thread.

Marcella

Eloise_Signed&Titled_Website.jpg

Reactions: WendyMay
Hi, Marcella,

I just took a look at your website and I was quite impressed. Your work is extraordinary and your love for animals shines through in your incredible drawings. I believe working in this particular medium is your true calling and you are a very talented artist. I wish you luck and I look forward to seeing your future work!

Although I am not looking for a completed portrait of my cat, I wanted to share a few photographs of my sweet orange and white tabby.

voleman-1.jpg

voleman-2.jpg

voleman-3.jpg

Reactions: Gracie's Place
Hi, Marcella,

I just took a look at your website and I was quite impressed. Your work is extraordinary and your love for animals shines through in your incredible drawings. I believe working in this particular medium is your true calling and you are a very talented artist. I wish you luck and I look forward to seeing your future work!

Although I am not looking for a completed portrait of my cat, I wanted to share a few photographs of my sweet orange and white tabby.

Hi Laura!

Thanks so much for your kind words...I really appreciate it.

You kitty is beautiful! You are very blessed to have him/her.

Here is a preview of a kitty portrait I just finished...his name is Perth.

Perth_Website.jpg

Reactions: LauraG
Hey There, Community!

I am Dawn, and I am both nervous and excited to be here~
XD

I honestly haven't joined many forums like this-- one of my favorite ones has...Somehow just vanished, so I am eager but nervous to be here since I am not used to it~

My family has always been crazy for nature and animals-- our house has always been some level of zoo-worthy~
We just recently moved to the Carolinas, and in that time, I acquired two carpet sharks-- ALSO known as Ferrets-- and lost my sweet little noodle. :cry:
As it seems though...I may soon be acquiring a little Sugar Glider! I adore them-- BOTH myself and my Mother do-- and bless her kind heart, she told me about one who needs to be rehomed.
Considering I am practically the stay-at-home-nanny and maid of our family/house, I will have more than enough time for that sweet thing. XD

THAT ASIDE, yes, I am here not only to share my love of any and all animals...But also because, in the possibly near future, I will be scouring for new family members to snatch into our loving arms~
For now, me and my two fluffs Peanut and Bell say hi~ !
? ? ? ? ❤

Reactions: LauraG
Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the community! We're very happy to have you. I'm sure you already took a look around, so I probably don't need to give you any direction, but if you do find that you need anything, please let me know. Also, if you see any threads that interest you, please chime in to give your opinion. Or, start your own threads. Hey, the more conversation, the better.

Welcome again!

Jay

PS - Great intro, by the way.

• Love
Reactions: Dmurf95
I honestly haven't joined many forums like this-- one of my favorite ones has...Somehow just vanished, so I am eager but nervous to be here since I am not used to it~
By the way, I know navigating forums like this can be a little crazy at first, but what I've found is that after a few visits, it's like second nature. The more you cruise around, the clearer everything becomes.

Jay

Reactions: Dmurf95
Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the community! We're very happy to have you. I'm sure you already took a look around, so I probably don't need to give you any direction, but if you do find that you need anything, please let me know. Also, if you see any threads that interest you, please chime in to give your opinion. Or, start your own threads. Hey, the more conversation, the better.

Welcome again!

Jay

PS - Great intro, by the way.
Hey Jay, thanks for the warm welcome~ !

I will be sure to reach out if there is anything I am curious or confused about, thank you~

-- HEHE, thanks~
I am weird and lively, but that's not a bad thing~

Reactions: Admin
I am Dawn, and I am both nervous and excited to be here~
XD

My family has always been crazy for nature and animals-- our house has always been some level of zoo-worthy~
We just recently moved to the Carolinas, and in that time, I acquired two carpet sharks-- ALSO known as Ferrets-- and lost my sweet little noodle. :cry:
As it seems though...I may soon be acquiring a little Sugar Glider! I adore them-- BOTH myself and my Mother do-- and bless her kind heart, she told me about one who needs to be rehomed.
Considering I am practically the stay-at-home-nanny and maid of our family/house, I will have more than enough time for that sweet thing. XD

THAT ASIDE, yes, I am here not only to share my love of any and all animals...But also because, in the possibly near future, I will be scouring for new family members to snatch into our loving arms~
For now, me and my two fluffs Peanut and Bell say hi~ !
? ? ? ? ❤
Hi, Dawn,

Welcome to the site! Do you have any pictures of your critters that you would like to share?

-Laura

Hi Laura!

Thanks so much for your kind words...I really appreciate it.

You kitty is beautiful! You are very blessed to have him/her.

Here is a preview of a kitty portrait I just finished...his name is Perth.

You are very welcome and thank you for your kind words regarding my sweet boy! Perth's portrait is pure perfection! I will be sure to tell my friends and family about your work. Your wonderful portraits would make thoughtful gifts.

-Laura

Reactions: Gracie's Place
Hi, Dawn,

Welcome to the site! Do you have any pictures of your critter that you would like to share?

-Laura
I do, yes! And thanks for the welcome!

I wound up not getting the Sugar Glider, but I am ok with that.
I'll be posting in the appropriate Forum soon when I can get good pictures of the fluffs~

Hey, Animal Lovers! I'm From Missouri

I'm looking to buy a black Chihuahua puppy (hopefully a teacup female, but at this point I'm not too picky) Looking to buy in Missouri/Illinois. My family LOVES Chihuahuas and we can't wait for this new addition! Please message me if you have a cutie you're looking to sell!

Hi There All. Johnathan from Massachusetts

My name is Johnathan and from Massachusetts. I am not a breeder but I currently have a litter of 10 Italian Mastiff puppies that was unexpected, and now I'm hoping to find them good homes. I already signed up to 4 different puppy sites and this is my 5th. If anyone is curious about them please ask.

Reactions: Luxuryencouters
Hello! From Atlanta

Hi people! I'm Brittany from Atlanta. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Reactions: JGaulard
Hi Brittany!

Welcome and it's great to have you here on the website. Enjoy your stay and please let me know if you need anything.

Thanks!

Jay

PS - Great looking pups!

Reactions: BClark17
Hi Brittany!

Welcome and it's great to have you here on the website. Enjoy your stay and please let me know if you need anything.

Thanks!

Jay

PS - Great looking pups!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!!

GermanShepskie Mom from Athens, Alabama

Hey all! I'm B and I have some new puppies that are about to be here! Will be needing to sell them quickly this go around due to home renovations, they were a surprise for us but I'm so excited for them to get here! Germanshepskie pups!

Hello from Gonzales, Louisiana!

Hello everyone - I'm Gee, looking for a nice loving home for my 8 month old Rottweiler. She's loving, loves to play, full of energy.

Hi Everyone! From Mineral, Virginia

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I'm currently hunting for loving homes for a surplus in kittens and adult cats. Some of these cats are skiddish around people but are slowly coming around and would make excellent barn cats. People have a habit of dumping cats and kittens where I live and I tame most of them and try and find homes for them. Im located in Lake Anna near Fredericksburg, Virginia. Id like to exhaust all my options of trying to find homes before turning them over to the local shelter but ive gotten to a point where finding homes has gotten very very difficult and people keep dropping more and more off. Some of them pregnant sometimes kittens to young to fend for themselves. I'm hoping that this website will help because its gotten way to expensive for me to keep feeding all these strays and I am not financially in a place to continue to do this. I cant really bring anymore into my home. All the kittens I take in are other kitty friendly and big dog little dog and kid broken... My labs think they are surrogate moms ?