Search

Depressed Mother Hamster - What Can I Do?

1K Total Thread Views | 2 Replies | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by WendyMay · Posted: )

I just last night gave the last two hamster kids to new homes. Now the mama hamster (Binki) is depressed, will she get over it over time or should I be doing something to help her? Also when I try to hold her she bites will she ever get over biting?

@ Kara, any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just last night gave the last two hamster kids to new homes. Now the mama hamster (Binki) is depressed, will she get over it over time or should I be doing something to help her? Also when I try to hold her she bites will she ever get over biting?

It would probably benefit the mama hamster if she had a friend. Does she get along with other hamsters? Is she still biting?